Access Adviser E Jacobson
A highly experienced Access Adviser with a pragmatic approach to access issues in the design of hospitals, healthcare, higher education, scientific facilities, theme parks, retail facilities and tourist attractions.
For over 20 years, I have provided access advice to design teams and service providers, throughout the UK working on a diverse range of higher educational facilities, healthcare and research laboratories, ranging from lecture theatres to halls of residence to the Proton Beam Therapy Unit.
• Vast range of experience (20 years+) from theme parks to mortuaries.
• Realistic recommendations, focussing on practicalities.
• Cost effective service.
• Able to engage with all stakeholders.
• Particular interest in LRV Testing Consultation undertaken with relevant stakeholders.
• Prompt service, with agreed timelines met.
• Keenly aware of financial constraints.
• Confidential service.
• Full professional indemnity insurance held
Safe and Sustainable Working:For Everyone
• Plans' assessments carried out remotely
• On site visits made wearing full PPE, specific to site requirements
• Digital measurements taken: no direct contact with surfaces
• Lone working precautions in place
• LRV testing equipment sanitised before and after each use
• Reports submitted electronically
• Meetings held remotely on Teams/Zoom
• Policies available on request for Health and Safety, Modern Slavery and Sustainability etc.
Key to helping you meet regulatory requirements
I assist in helping you comply with the requirements of:
• Part M of the Building Regulations
• BS 8300 2018, Parts 1 and 2
• The Equality Act
• Health Building Notes
• Health Technical Memoranda
• Best practice
Through providing you with :
• Design Appraisals
• Design and Access Statements
• Audits and appraisals of the built environment
• Access Strategies
• Light Reflectance Value (LRV) Testing
• Advice and guidance
A confidential and discreet service that is tailored to your needs.
• Life and Mind Building, University of Oxford
• Midland Metropolitan Hospital:
• University of Birmingham
• Escape Hunt:
• Access Strategy for new Escape Hunts:
• National UK Proton Beam Therapy Unit:
• The Christie
• Staffordshire University: Campus wide access audit and strategy for future
• Royal Stoke University Hospital
• Royal Liverpool University Hospital with associated teaching facilities
• Dumfries and Galloway Hospital
• Corporate Review of Merlin Entertainments Access Strategy